Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 246- Quadruped: Turtle





This exercise uses the quadruped position to teach the body how to use the support of the myofascial system.

To do this exercise you will need a mat.  Start by standing on your hands and knees.  Be sure that your knees are under your hips and that your hands are under your shoulders.  Then inhale as you allow all muscles to relax as you hang on the ligaments of your hip sockets and shoulder sockets.  Your head will also hang forward.  Then exhale as you lengthen your head away from your tail and engage the entire myofascial system so that you find the longest possible spine. Repeat this 5-6 times. 

Things to think about
This exercise is for exploration.  As you are moving ask yourself questions like: Is my head in line with my spine?  How can I give my spine the most support?  What can I do to make my spine longer?  Are any of my joints feeling taxed?

Thes questions will help you find ease in this position to prepare you for the rest of the week’s exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment